Wednesday 24 May 2017

Sci-Fi Table Project Update - 2

So I bought my first batch of mdf terrain from Miniature Scenery and I made it.

Then came the chore of painting it so, I decided to break out the airbrush that has been sitting in it's box since I bought it about 18 months back. Two brushes and a compressor. I've only used an airbrush on a few rare occasions over 40 odd years and I had no clue as to what to do. So it was off to You Tube for me.

After watching several "Airbrushing for Dummies," videos I got to work. I was a bit clumsy with the first couple of pieces but by the time I got to the last piece (the power generator) I was pretty confident.

Here's the results:


And here's a shot with Eric the Lonely Grenadier for scale comparison (28mm).

And yesterday I was driving past Knights of Dice and dropped in on Viv. While I was there I collected a couple of small landing pads. These will look nice on an elevated ground section when they're done. The Widgets are detail for some high rise buildings I'm planning to make using card & foamcore.


Yes, that's right, I live 5 minutes away from Miniature Scenery and about 10 minutes from Knights of Dice. Lucky me!

And while I'm at it here's a photo of my newly completed GCPS Rangers for Firefight. These are a type of drop-troops who can deploy on the battlefield from the air. They have a heavy anti-tank capability (just look at the big AT-mine!).

As you can see, I've been busy.



1 comment: